Monday, November 20, 2006

Thunderbird Accessibility

I'm a lucky guy. Thanks to Aaron Leventhal and Frank Hecker over at Mozilla, another interesting opportunity has come my way: hacking on Thunderbird accessibility. I'm hoping I can make an immediate impact on shortening the bug list.

I will also be providing counsel with a compelling new project recently awarded Mozilla funds. This project will essentially be a first step towards a cross-platform user-centric flexible input/control system primarily aimed at users living with physical disabilities. Steve Lee over in the UK will be driving this project and has done a great job of welcoming input from myself and other key people in this field.

I was fortunate to meet Steve over at the GNOME Boston Summit last month, where he, Aaron Leventhal and I were able to retreat to a coffee shop. Aaron showed us the big picture for accessibility in Mozilla-land and I was intrigued. (I phoned Aaron earlier this evening and he told me that he and Frank Hecker are making huge progress in getting Mozilla HQ behind this master plan).

So I'm looking forward to getting my hands into the formidable Mozilla codebase (via Thunderbird). The best part is that the timeline for this work is very flexible, allowing me to keep some cycles on GOK and my other projects. I'm not sure what directions this work might take me but it should be a great challenge and a great ride.

3 comments:

Richard Majece said...

You should definitely read this before going to college. It will help you to achieve academic success

guideadda said...


Hi, I am a blogger I love writing about products review. I am a technical graduate student. music is my passion. a cup of coffee and my favorite novel is my awesome time-pass



geyser
best geyser
Havells geyser

gas geyser

jatin said...

The cost of getting a devil through drug rehab is commonly 25% of the cost of keeping them in prison - $26,000 for prison, $6,000 for drug rehab. A couple of individuals object to supporting or helping drug addicts in any way. They think the aficionado got himself into that position, for what reason should residents pay for him to get consequently? The reality of the situation is, we're paying for it by one way or another. Our charges not only remuneration for the an immense number of people in prison - which means many, an enormous number of dollars reliably - we also deal with everything for an extensive part of the tens or incalculable facility emergency rooms visits, both for people on drugs and for the people who have been hurt in some drug-related bad behavior or disaster, we pay the burial service home costs for overdoses, we pay higher clinical inclusion, higher vehicle assurance, and we maintain straightforwardly upheld drug rehab and other treatment places.
drug rehab center florida
florida rehab center